chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if it was a double die coin the second impression would be on the same side of the letter at the same angle of each letter not is different locations. That is just my thoughts on it...

Chukers

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
There is a far bigger oddity on the obverse than the possible DD reverse: What is between the second T and E of STATES? And why is the second T so close to the A? Whatever it is, it shouldn't be there.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Machine doubling. Common. And if it was doubled it would be called a "doubled die" not double.
HH
enamel7

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
enamel7 said:
Machine doubling. Common. And if it was doubled it would be called a "doubled die" not double.
HH
enamel7
I agree with your assessment of the minor doubling on the reverse. But what about the obverse?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The second T looks to be in the correct position to me. Lot of staining going on. I would nee to see a better up close photo to tell for sure if anything is going on. Please post a photo of the obverse area like the last reverse shot of cent.
HH
enamel7

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
enamel7 said:
The second T looks to be in the correct position to me. Lot of staining going on. I would nee to see a better up close photo to tell for sure if anything is going on. Please post a photo of the obverse area like the last reverse shot of cent.
HH
enamel7
OK, maybe I'm off here. It could just be corrosion which gives that area a kind of optical delusion. There is a T in the correct position. There also appears to be a faint additional T immediately adjacent to the A in STATES. But the ornamentation of that font makes positive identification, with the coin corrosion, very difficult.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the input everyone. I have been meaning to post more pics, including the obverse, but things have been so busy! Work is crazy and I am the best man at my brother's wedding today (I better get off this computer before I get caught lol)!

I will take some more pics as soon as I can. I'm excited to have found a coin that is a little bit ''out of the ordinary''!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread