What kind of coin is this?

Headhunter23

Sep 19, 2011
I have two coins, one is a 1987 Silver Eagle coin with the eagle holding the arrows and all. And the other I am not sure about. They both have the same face but a different back. This one has a large eagle on it. It is slightly smaller than a Silver Eagle. Any idea on what this coin is? I can't find it, it may help if I knew the name of the coin. Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC_0483edit.JPG
    DSC_0483edit.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 488
  • DSC_0484edit.JPG
    DSC_0484edit.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 498

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coin not pictured is the Silver Eagle coin minted by the US Mint. The "coin" pictured is simply a one ounce silver round with the Walking Liberty Half Dollar design. This would have been produced by a private mint.

OP
OP
H

Headhunter23

Sep 19, 2011
Does that affect its value any? Or is it worth about the same as any other silver dollar. Thank you for your help

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are welcome.

Well, its not a Silver Dollar.

Its a silver round but it says it contains an ounce of silver so current value is $31-$32.

Some folks do collect the rounds and bars minted by private companies and they may pay a premium for them but they would have to be in pristine condition. Yours is not pristine so the value solely lies in the silver content.

CoinHELP!

Aug 9, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's an ounce of .999 silver and will sell for the current silcer melt and sometimes more. It wasn't minted at the US Mint but it's still one Troy ounce of silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread