Its in the EF 40 range to the AU 55 somewhere in there

CoinHELP!

Aug 9, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on the actual grade this coin could exceed $150 in value. If this coin is uncleaned then it's worth sending to a grading service IMO.

OP
OP
AGBlex

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how much is sending it in? and what kind of price is it and time to get it back?

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow Mainer. :hello: Im not positive but I think its 25 dollars to have one graded. But if you go on too PCGS website Im sure it will say how much and how long it will take. Sounds like a great find. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
AGBlex

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks man ! appreciate the knowledge and hope your luck in this state rubs off on me!

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just make sure the shine isn't from a polishing, this would really shoot down the value.

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
mainer said:
Hello fellow Mainer. :hello: Im not positive but I think its 25 dollars to have one graded. But if you go on too PCGS website Im sure it will say how much and how long it will take. Sounds like a great find. :icon_thumright:

I think you may have to send in more than 4-5 coins at a time for them to ever consider grading them. You may as well anyway because Fedarally insured mail is EXPENSIVE. I am slighty biased to NGC coins personally, They seem to be a bit tougher on the grade. Can you post us some pics Alex???? Purty Please? :help:

CoinHELP!

Aug 9, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent in one 1900-O/CC Morgan Dollar just to see my cost for a single coin. It cost $42+ and that didn't include the shipping to PCGS. The declared value is what adds to the submission fee. You coin would cost less, but it would have a grade and a value if it's problem free.

Also, I didn't have any problems just sending one coin even though it's supposed to be 5 coin minimum.

OP
OP
AGBlex

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
update on the coin...

Sold it today to a coin grader who bought it for 200. He said it was in the high AU range and it wasn't polished. :) thanks for all the help guys

OP
OP
AGBlex

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sidebar... i asked the coin grading guy who walked in with a massiver breif case of coin things and things he's bought. trade dollars and such.,.. i asked him what he thought it would grade and he laughingly said MS 69... making me feel straight up dumb. why do people always think young people don't know what their talking about... felt like a joke.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGBlex said:
thanks man ! appreciate the knowledge and hope your luck in this state rubs off on me!

This is a great state for detecting. Alot of history here. You will do just fine, all you got to do is put your time in. :thumbsup:

AGBlex said:
update on the coin...

Sold it today to a coin grader who bought it for 200. He said it was in the high AU range and it wasn't polished. :) thanks for all the help guys

Good deal.Thats a heck of a score. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
AGBlex

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well needed money with the holidays coming up. i was glad because that was the first off he threw out. and i definatly would have been fine with like 125

and yes! maine is awesome i'm from the southern area portland down through kittery and york... where you from my friend?

CoinHELP!

Aug 9, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGBlex said:
update on the coin...

Now I am wondering if it wasn't MS, but still a nice little turn around before the holiday.

OP
OP
AGBlex

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5 cents for 200 dollars. anyday you get that deal its awesome

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New Harbor, right on the mid coast. About an hour from portland.

OP
OP
AGBlex

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ahh i have visited up there a few times on my way to rockport and rockland few years back ... hows the weather up there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread