1972 D dollar

French Creek hunter

Dec 8, 2011
Charleston,WV
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5id, Minelab E-Trac.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This coin is in poor condition. I couldn't even find a grade for it ,that is realistic, so I just picked poor. It is about $1.00 if not lower. I would buy this coin from you because I need it in my coin book since I don't have this one. Just make me an offer through PM if you do wish to sell it.

ron of SEMO

Jan 20, 2005
S. E. Missouri
I have the March 2012 Coin Prices Magazine and it shows that coin to be worth $9. Might be worth your time to get a copy and check it out for yourself.

French Creek hunter

Dec 8, 2011
Charleston,WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on condition. If someone was selling a folded up coin that was supposedly a dollar,would you pay a dollar for it? I wouldn't because it wasn't in the right condition,in fact it wasn't even recognizable as even being a coin. So a coin could possibly be less than the amount it was struck as.

capndan151 said:
French creek hunter- How can a dollar coin ever be worth less than a dollar?

capndan151

Apr 29, 2007
Costa Mesa CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
If you don't know what you're talking about it's cool, just don't run around giving advice to people about their coins. Btw if you need a clad Eisenhower dollar for your collection, just go to the bank and ask em for one. maybe they have a folded up one they can sell you for .75 cents

bama20a

Aug 6, 2011
capndan151 said:
If you don't know what you're talking about it's cool, just don't run around giving advice to people about their coins. Btw if you need a clad Eisenhower dollar for your collection, just go to the bank and ask em for one. maybe they have a folded up one they can sell you for .75 cents
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :thumbsup:

French Creek hunter

Dec 8, 2011
Charleston,WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess what I mean it would be less to a collector. Because I wouldn't pay 1.00 for that coin. But if you were to spend it in public, it would be worth a dollar. It's confusing I know.

capndan151

Apr 29, 2007
Costa Mesa CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Yes you have me confused. what you're saying is you want noble's dollar coin for less than a dollar? Uh...me too. But I don't think he's gonna go for it.

French Creek hunter

Dec 8, 2011
Charleston,WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best advise for Noble is to save it and never let go of it. (Yes, I would want $0.99)-"JOKE", I would pay a dollar for it, my lord you people like to protest on one coin a bit too much-("yet, another joke"). But I think now that I have seen that Noble has a Britain flag on his profile. That the coin would be worth a bit more over there. I would try $1.50 if I were to try an sell it over there. I would be willing to pay $2.00 for that coin,shipping and all. But like I said,I would save it for a rainy day.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
French Creek hunter said:
My best advise for Noble is to save it and never let go of it. (Yes, I would want $0.99)-"JOKE", I would pay a dollar for it, my lord you people like to protest on one coin a bit too much-("yet, another joke"). But I think now that I have seen that Noble has a Britain flag on his profile. That the coin would be worth a bit more over there. I would try $1.50 if I were to try an sell it over there. I would be willing to pay $2.00 for that coin,shipping and all. But like I said,I would save it for a rainy day.

After reading some of your posts throughout this forum, I am still trying to figure out if you are a real poster or just trolling...

French Creek hunter

Dec 8, 2011
Charleston,WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been on this website a lot longer than you think.. A bit too long,but I always come back. I've been here longer than you, I'm sorry to say.

jerseyben said:

After reading some of your posts throughout this forum, I am still trying to figure out if you are a real poster or just trolling...

OP
OP
noble

noble

Sep 21, 2010
gloucester
Detector(s) used
tesoro and lazers
hi just letting you know why i asked about the 1972D dollar i came across this on the internet and was just curious Coinancials.com if you bring this page up you will see what made me enquire DEREK

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, OK, ms67 would be an extremely high grade for an Eisenhower. In lower grades they are very common.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been on this website a lot longer than you think.. A bit too long,but I always come back. I've been here longer than you, I'm sorry to say.
Settle down kid before you get banned AGAIN!

French Creek hunter

Dec 8, 2011
Charleston,WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, I was just saying. I wasn't trying to be more superior than anyone else. I was just saying that I can handle myself around the forum.

diggummup said:
Settle down kid before you get banned AGAIN!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
ron of SEMO said:
I have the March 2012 Coin Prices Magazine and it shows that coin to be worth $9. Might be worth your time to get a copy and check it out for yourself.
You do realize that those published prices are often WAY inflated right ? My local coin shop pays $1.05 each for common circulated Ike dollars. I just cashed in a roll of them at the bank that I had been saving for years because driving to his shop would have cost more in gas than they are worth. My latest issue of Numismatic News prices Bicentennial quarters at 8 bucks in MS65. Wanna buy a bucket full for half that ? :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread