What I got for $2.00 at a coin shop!

Sterling in Va

Feb 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys. I just wanted to tell you this story and what neat things I got for .25$ each.
Over Thanksgiving break (I'm a teenager), I was down in Charlotte, NC. I was bored, so I went to a shopping center nearby. After going to a Gander Mountain and a Ice Cream shop, I saw a coin shop across the street. I thought, OK, I've never been to a coin shop before, so lets see what one is like. It was a small place, and had just a few cases of coins. But, there was a table in the middle of the room with a box of coins on it labeled "foreign-25 cents each." I was like, cool. I collect foreign coins, lets see what's in it. It was a mighty good decision. After looking through them for a minute or two, I realized that most were from the 60's or older. 1st I found a 1955 Italian 10 cent piece. Then a 1915 British penny in really bad condition, then a 1920 in good condition. After that, I don't even remember. In total, I found:
1955 Italian .10$
1926 Greek "Mia Apaxmh"
1943 Zinc Netherlands .25$ - Nazi Occupation coin
1920 British Penny
1915 British - Penny, bad condition
1978 Chinese 1- don't know, in Chinese!
1908 Haiti .50$
and best of all- 1943 Nazi .50 Reichspfenig coin - great condition, no worn spots

There were a ton more, I just didn't bring enough money in my wallet!

Hope you like my story! - Sterling

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread