AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but cassies laptop died. got a few good scores today from a pawn shop that melts the silver they get after the first week. i bought a 1906 D Barber half and a 1880's Florin in decent condition for 20$. he has a 1883 morgan but i didn't wana spend 30 if i didn't have to. are those decent prices to pay? did i get my moneys worth? what should i pay for some barber quarters? i don't want em gettin melted down.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Compared to what I am seeing you did good. One pawn shop I went to this week wanted $40 for worn out Morgans.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check ebay completed listings, that will give you an idea of what people are paying for them. Of course it all up to you on what you think is a fair price.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
AGBlex said:
but cassies laptop died. got a few good scores today from a pawn shop that melts the silver they get after the first week. i bought a 1906 D Barber half and a 1880's Florin in decent condition for 20$. he has a 1883 morgan but i didn't wana spend 30 if i didn't have to. are those decent prices to pay? did i get my moneys worth? what should i pay for some barber quarters? i don't want em gettin melted down.

Offer him 10% under melt. That is what he should be getting from his refiner at the best and he wont have to spend gas to drive down there or waste his time.

That is what I would do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread