Penny expert advice MD or DD?

vickilynn

May 19, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites prizm 950 V
Hi everyone
I hope everyone here is doing well , I have been pretty busy for the last year and missed you all !!

Anyways to get to the point I have a 1968s , the date & the mint mark looked doubled to me , I usually just throw this date in the copper pile but this one stood out. After doing much research , I have come to the conclusion that it does not appear to be a listed DD . And most opinions I have read about when I found other 1968s that are similar to mine say that it is just machine doubling . Any thoughts?
Here are some links , I hope they work. Thanks

Vicki N Rusty Sargent's Photos | Facebook

CoinHELP!

Aug 9, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone
I hope everyone here is doing well , I have been pretty busy for the last year and missed you all !!

Anyways to get to the point I have a 1968s , the date & the mint mark looked doubled to me , I usually just throw this date in the copper pile but this one stood out. After doing much research , I have come to the conclusion that it does not appear to be a listed DD . And most opinions I have read about when I found other 1968s that are similar to mine say that it is just machine doubling . Any thoughts?
Here are some links , I hope they work. Thanks

This is Strike Doubling not a Doubled Die, but still collectible to a few collectors. Here's a link to Doubled Die images and info Doubled Die US Mint Errors Images - US Mint Error Coins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread