Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope someone can tell me what it is worth i received this back in change a while ago, as you can see head has been crushed and his eyes have been sunken in ( reminds me of Frankenstein) and it reflects the crushing on the back, also there is a piece of wire stamped into the front under the letter E in liberty thanks in advance kent ps also posted in whats it worth. kent

Attachments

• dime 002.JPG
    dime 002.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,128
  • dime 003.JPG
    dime 003.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 836
OP
OP
plymouthian12

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i dont think it is pmd

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is either a cud, grease filled die or PMD. sorry, I dont know for sure. maybe someone soldered it a while ago? Either way, not too valuable if it is an error. $2 to $5 at most maybe.

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Coinkid

Jul 11, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Well, I've taken a course on counterfeit detection and two on grading at the ANA in Colorado and I will be working for a major TPG come June.

It would be much easier if I could see the coin in person to know what actually happened to it, but from what I can see, what I do know is that it didn't happen at the mint.

-Paul

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
I've done a little studying on error coins and have come to the conclusion that anything could have happened at the mint, so I'm not gonna automatically dismiss it as post mint damage like I see so many others do with the question " Tell me how this happened at the mint?"
How is it impossible to have happened at the mint? I can not say for certain, its just my opinion. assuming that Plymouthian is an intellegent person that is holding the coin in his hands and he firmly believes he has a mint error and without holding it in my hands I am not gonna tell them they have nothing, throw it back.

Coinkid

Jul 11, 2006
Sarasota, FL
I wouldn't say that either. I'd say they should bring it to a knowledgeable dealer and see what they think. It's only my opinion based on a less-than-stellar image.

-Paul

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread