zinc cent blank planchet error...

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Hey everyone, I dont have a picture yet, but I could get one, I dont think its needed though. Yesterday, I picked up some coins from an ad here locally. One of the items was a celophane sealed, set of zinc cents. The normal one is year 2000'and something, so Im assuming the other one is the same year because its packaged with the normal one. I am just curious as to what the value is on a blank planchet that is in MS condition, still sealed in the celophane with another coin to determine year would be? And if Its worth it, is it a good idea to send it in for slabbing? In other words, am I going to get more value out of it when or if I sell it, with it being in a slab? Or are they worth just a few bucks or something?

Thanks in advance... I was excited about finding it, as it is my first blank planchet of any kind.

Chris.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am really not sure of the value but it can't be much. They give those sets away to all the kids at the local coin show that I go to. I don't know how many of those my sons have from attending the coin show.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
There is no added value except for it being a conversation piece. Cutler is correct. They are given away at coin shows. Typically the local coin club will obtain BU rolls of cents and package them up with blank planchets. Mostly targeted towards the younger show attendees, but I never pass up free swag.

OP
OP
TheRockDoc

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Well thanks for clearing this up for me guys... I am glad I asked here, instead of taking them to one of the local coin shops here locally... that would have really been embarrassing!

Chris.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread