Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey people,

Checking ebay, can't really find uncirculated 1 oz American silver eagles for under 35 each. I have bought a couple off craigslist for 35 each, and thought I was getting a okay deal. I understand I am paying 3 to5 dollar premium per OZ. when I do this. I am into the silver hoard for the long haul, not trying to flip any coins or bullion - any advise? Do I just need to read more about this type of investment?

I don't really feel like I have much ground to stand trying to talk him down any further towards the actual spot value of ~30. But I might try. Thanks in advance.

By the way, I just read my paragraph, and I want to clarify that this is a gentlemen from Craigslist who wants to sell rolls of ASE's for @ 33 a coin.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
My best advice: Try your local gold buyer and/or pawn shop. If you don't see any for sale, ask the owner. I have developed a steady source for less than retail, close to wholesale prices for coins by doing this.

tkessler77

Mar 15, 2012
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Other
gainsville coins online sells them for $31.52 and $625 per roll. They cost more if you use a credit card.

OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah, I have found a place since that simply charged 2.99 over spot. hard to find them without that 3 dollar premium when buying less than a roll.

Thanks peeps

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread