Higley copper

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
I thought that i would ask the good folks here to help me figure out a value of a Higley copper. This coin is a copy made by BECKER Mfg. in the 1950's. I know that this is not worth thousands of dollars but just how common, or rare are these copys ? I know that there is a collector base for this type of "coin ". I have done a little poking arround, and I have figured out what exactly it is, now is it worth $100.00 ?

Google " HIGLEY COPPER " and you can find many interesting articles about the copper and the mine that the copper came from. Interesting stuff.

Any colonial coin guys out there with an opinion about this copper ?

VPR

Attachments

• 056.JPG
    056.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 806
  • 061.JPG
    061.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 546
  • 062.JPG
    062.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 313

dukester

Sep 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Higley Coppers

I thought that i would ask the good folks here to help me figure out a value of a Higley copper. This coin is a copy made by BECKER Mfg. in the 1950's. I know that this is not worth thousands of dollars but just how common, or rare are these copys ? I know that there is a collector base for this type of "coin ". I have done a little poking arround, and I have figured out what exactly it is, now is it worth $100.00 ?

Google " HIGLEY COPPER " and you can find many interesting articles about the copper and the mine that the copper came from. Interesting stuff.

Any colonial coin guys out there with an opinion about this copper ?

VPR

Well, even though yours is not an original, have you established a value at a price for which you would be willing to sell it? My family originated the Higley Copper with copper from the family mine in what is now known as East Granby CN. I might be interested in purchasing your copy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread