Help? 1969S

WillFindItYet

Jun 15, 2012
Knoxville,TN
Primary Interest:
Other
??? I am sorry to do this to yall but owning the cheapest camera in the universe leaves me no other choice...I had to do some weird editing to get the details to show up well enough to ask you for your help and make it as easy as possible considering you do all this for free and It's much appreciated here........Having said that.....Is this what I am "Hoping" it is? ???

P5210002-001.JPG

Attachments

• P5200001-001RRRR.jpg
    P5200001-001RRRR.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 117
  • P5200001-003LINK.jpg
    P5200001-003LINK.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 128
  • P5210033-001.JPG
    P5210033-001.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 112
  • P5200007.JPG
    P5200007.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
If you are hoping for the 69-S DDO, then there is nothing wrong in hoping. But sadly, this isn't it. Your attention to the date shows slight machine doubling. I've seen worse machine doubling that really messes with one's mind. Your focus on Lincoln's shoulder looks like a die chip. No added value except for curiosity. Keep looking. I've been doing the same for years.

OP
OP
WillFindItYet

WillFindItYet

Jun 15, 2012
Knoxville,TN
Primary Interest:
Other
How do we explain the "U" of trust?? It didn't show on the other pics so I know you had no way of knowing but i took it in natural light & even my cheapo cam caught it? And it has the reverse markers?

jasper62

Feb 8, 2009
Georgia
Detector(s) used
BH pioneer 202 / garrett ace 250
I have to agree with the others,It's die chatter or more commonly known as machine doubling.A true double die will have separation between the devices with clear evidence of notching of the devices.Machine doubling has a flat shelf like appearance which yours is exhibit's. You can usually find 3 or 4 sellers on eBay trying to pawn these off as true double dies.I believe there's only 2 been graded bye PCGS

OP
OP
WillFindItYet

WillFindItYet

Jun 15, 2012
Knoxville,TN
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to agree with the others,It's die chatter or more commonly known as machine doubling.A true double die will have separation between the devices with clear evidence of notching of the devices.Machine doubling has a flat shelf like appearance which yours is exhibit's. You can usually find 3 or 4 sellers on eBay trying to pawn these off as true double dies.I believe there's only 2 been graded bye PCGS

Right,Thanks......I had never seen one penny with a U like that so of'course my eyes bulged and I am a newbie so have lots to learn yet........ya never know? LoL Especially when I saw the Avatar I have now.....so was making sure because of the "U" Thanks for taking the time to educate me though....Appreciated tottally! :notworthy:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Right,Thanks......I had never seen one penny with a U like that so of'course my eyes bulged and I am a newbie so have lots to learn yet........ya never know? LoL Especially when I saw the Avatar I have now.....so was making sure because of the "U" Thanks for taking the time to educate me though....Appreciated tottally! :notworthy:

Don't let it get you down. Press on with your search. I don't know the population of the 69-S DDO that have been certified/graded, but they are extremely rare. But they are out there to be discovered. One of the most recent specimens sold for six figures and it was discovered while CRH'ing.

OP
OP
WillFindItYet

WillFindItYet

Jun 15, 2012
Knoxville,TN
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't let it get you down. Press on with your search. I don't know the population of the 69-S DDO that have been certified/graded, but they are extremely rare. But they are out there to be discovered. One of the most recent specimens sold for six figures and it was discovered while CRH'ing.

6 figures, Jeeeeeezo pete..........wouldn't that be nice? :goldpan:
It won't get me down, LoL Takes a lot more than that.just makes me want to search farther, It's almost comical now but my late husband would stop traffic for a penny in the road and I'd get so aggravated at him for it and now look at me..Guarantee ya he's looking down at me and thinking.Toldya....LoL :happysmiley:
Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread