sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
what coins can you find in virginia? I would think a lot because both the civil and revolutionary war took place in va.

Many different coins. From modern clad, to modern silver, to older silver, to Colonial coppers/silvers and even foreign coins. The thrill of the hunt happens from the fact you don't know what you'll dig up. The coin could be a 1994 dime, or a 1794 dime.

OP
OP
N

NJguy99

Tenderfoot
Jun 26, 2012
nj
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool. I'm going to bring my md and search near williamsburg

rovnrbl53

Sep 29, 2011
Better be sure you have permission and know where your digging in Williamsburg. A lot of that land is owned by the state or Colonial Williamsburg Foundation - neither of which are going to take too kindly to any Tom, Dick and Harry running around with a metal detector. Just to make it interesting Virginia actually minted half pennies late 1700s early 1800s.

OP
OP
N

NJguy99

Tenderfoot
Jun 26, 2012
nj
Primary Interest:
Other
Better be sure you have permission and know where your digging in Williamsburg. A lot of that land is owned by the state or Colonial Williamsburg Foundation - neither of which are going to take too kindly to any Tom, Dick and Harry running around with a metal detector. Just to make it interesting Virginia actually minted half pennies late 1700s early 1800s.
I actually have a replica of the virginia half penny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions