CC Morgan in GSA holder

JJDFLA

Greenie
May 8, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber 10"
I don't know if this is the place to ask this but, does anybody know if the number on the certificate that comes with a CC Morgan Silver Dollar in the GSA holder can be verified that it came with that coin? The reason I'm asking is that I saw somewhere one being sold stating that their number on their certificate matches their coin. Is there a way it could be verified? :icon_scratch:

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
It is the correct place to ask, but I don't have an answer for you. Someone else should be able to answer your question.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
You can go to the GSA webpage enter your number and you can see a picture of the coin with the same serial number.

Your reply seems simple enough, but coins offered by the General Services Administration can not be verified directly via the GSA. Now, the coins themselves can be certified by ANACS while remaining in their GSA holders in which case they can be verified via ANACS.

To the OP: The serial number should coincide with date of the coin. An 1884-CC will have a corresponding serial number of 84xxxx... The first two digits of the serial number should match the last two digits of the date of the coin. Other than that, I know of no other way to match a complete serial number to a specific coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions