Ideas on displaying coins

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd like to display my favorite coins with my Antique bottle/soda collection, but I'd like them to be a little secure. Im hoping this would be the right place to start this thread. Any thoughts? It's not like I have $100,000 coins but I'd like them to be behind glass or something. Ideas? Thanks.

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're wanting to go super DIY, buy a picture frame with the sliding cardboard backing. Use a junk coin and an exacto razor knife to cut holes. Place coin, then tape a new backing over the hole.

Depending on your craftsmanship, you could make a really nice custom setup for any combination of any denomination of coin.

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just lay them on your front porch. It will save you the cost of a door or window when someone comes to "admire" your collection.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The first thing I thought of was to put the coins in coin pendant holders, shorten the chain, or use a ribbon and hang the coins from a few of the bottles. That was before I got to the part where you wanted them under glass.

Henry2

May 27, 2011
One of the cooler displays I seen here was a guy who placed his finds under the glass of a table he made, if anyone knows what I'm talking about maybe they can post the link to it.

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Henry's idea. My neighbors have a coffee table similar to this one, which I believe is what you are talking about. Meybe the coins could be under the glass, and then the bottles are placed on the table? Hope this helps. I actually have a bottle and coin collection, and I might do this myself. aaatable.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread