wyomimg state quarter error coin or what? help please

kymom12

Sep 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi im new here i happen to come across this site while looking for information on a quarter i have... i was rolling up some quarters and happened ta have 2 wyoming quarters and i noticed on the back of one it had a circle indent all the way around it. I have looked online and can find nothing about this quarter and im hoping someone here can help me.

Attachments

• IMAG1026-1.jpg
    IMAG1026-1.jpg
    552.6 KB · Views: 5,449

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
As suspected, it is PMD (Post Mint Damage). The flattened relief of George is indicative of the reverse being impacted by a punch. No added value, of course.

OP
OP
K

kymom12

Sep 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As suspected, it is PMD (Post Mint Damage). The flattened relief of George is indicative of the reverse being impacted by a punch. No added value, of course.

Darn thought i had something good...Thanks for the info! Have a good night!

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually this is caused by coin rolling machines. This coin was (at least) once at the end of the roll when the machine crimped the end. The crimper made the circular mark on the coin. It happens a lot.

Scott

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Actually this is caused by coin rolling machines. This coin was (at least) once at the end of the roll when the machine crimped the end. The crimper made the circular mark on the coin. It happens a lot.

Scott

Actually, Scott you are correct, but not with regards to the inner circle. If you note the "G" in Wyoming, you will note the crimping damage extending to "Unum". The inner circle is too far inward toward the center to be caused by the crimper.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread