Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you'll kick yourself in a month or 2, but whatever.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And did pretty good!

We got a little crazy buying home furnishings this month and I had to sell some of the collection :laughing7:

So definitely worth it!
QUOTE]

This is the dumbest thing Ive heard on this forum in awhile. Selling silver for home furnishings. You sound like the majority of America, broke as a joke.

Why on earth....oh nevermind. and TimZim...you condone? Geez us. Dont you want to retire on your own dime, the way you want too??????

I guess Im just in the top 3% of Americans who will retire off their own dime. Great decision selling your silver!! Keep it up

Last edited:

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to calm down, bra.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And did pretty good!

Sold 75 40%ers on CL and got $5 for each, only a few cents off melt!

Much better than the LCS or pawn shop.

We got a little crazy buying home furnishings this month and I had to sell some of the collection :laughing7:

So definitely worth it!

In ag news, I got 2 40%ers, 1 quarter, and 10 dimes in the last week, not bad!

You did well getting $5 per 40%er. :icon_thumleft:

Regardless of what others think, or where the price of silver goes in the future, NEVER let others tell you how to spend your own money.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah you guys are right...3% is just what it is. 3%.

Sorry I ever said anything...to each his own. just sad to see that's all.

At least you know where I stand, and where my passion is.

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you agree with me or are you just playing politician?

To some people, silver is a store of wealth rather than a means for profit.
I prefer to keep 120ozt. of silver in my safe than $4000 in my bank because it helps by making money not so easy to spend.
Also, by keeping my money in a tangible asset with intrinsic value, I am not subjected to the truly sickening inflation rates.

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the way I look at it Gilmore. We all will spend it when we ourselves determine that we need to. Accord got into a bind and needed to now, I can't foresee myself needing to anytime soon, and you probably will never need to and one of your relatives will dump it all into a Coinstar machine when you are gone. The point is, you shouldn't get mad when someone else says that they needed to sell for whatever reason. If ya gotta, ya gotta.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I give up on the topic, as I see this will be instantly divided. Divided bewtween the people who are to depend on others for living when elderly, and the others who have made a series of great decisions over a lifetime that will live as they please. It's not my place to have said anything. But being dependent on others, Im highly against, is my obvious passion. My apologies everyone. My apologies.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im going to hop on my soapbox and hopefully one of the younger guys will learn somthing. 4 years ago, I left my wife and 11 month old son for 5 months from Phoenix to go roof in Altanta , GA. Walked into a Publix and spent my last .59 cents I gathered from my brothers car(I was borrowing at the time to roof) on 2 boxes of CupONoodles.

I never declared bankruptcy, and have since went from being 6 figures in debt, to 6 figures in assets in 4 years. I wake up early, stay up late, and worked my ass off to get where I am....never asked anybody for anything. Spending your last .59 cents on miserable CupONoodles will open your eyes up real fast. I had some luck making a couple of sales, and then landing a good job back in Phoenix to reunite with my family in Phoenix. I havent looked back since bc I decided that I never wanted to live like that again.

So when I hear somthing like this, yes, its strikes a nerve in me. But again, I apologize, as its not my place to say anything to anyone, as Arkie said best. But thats why I am so passioniate....0.59 cents.

OP
OP
GlenDronach

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And did pretty good!

So definitely worth it!
QUOTE]

This is the dumbest thing Ive heard on this forum in awhile. Selling silver for home furnishings. You sound like the majority of America, broke as a joke.

Why on earth....oh nevermind. and TimZim...you condone? Geez us. Dont you want to retire on your own dime, the way you want too??????

I guess Im just in the top 3% of Americans who will retire off their own dime. Great decision selling your silver!! Keep it up

What a dick. This is the first silver I've really sold from collecting, and it's only the 40%ers. I kept all my 90% and bullion. I've had a ROTH IRA I've contributed to since I was 20, have a pension plan through my work, and an investment portfolio, still only 26, but thanks for making a generalization about my ability to take care of myself.

I've paid cash for everything I can. The house was the first thing I've ever really been in debt for- pay my balance each month on all my CC's, own cars clear, etc. And even with the house, we bought way below what the bank thought they could lend us. We got a good deal on a table and a lamp for the dining room- both high quality vintage pieces, solid, with a good name behind them, which should appreciate in value as well as be appreciated, so I think I made the right choice. We could have decided to not purchase them, but realized that a month of tightening and selling off some extras would be worth it, because we could not pass the deals up and we'd regret them later. I'm not carrying any sort of balance over.

But thanks for all that. I'm sorry my rash decision of buying something I want and selling something I could do without made someone on the internet mad.

I give up on the topic, as I see this will be instantly divided. Divided bewtween the people who are to depend on others for living when elderly, and the others who have made a series of great decisions over a lifetime that will live as they please. It's not my place to have said anything. But being dependent on others, Im highly against, is my obvious passion. My apologies everyone. My apologies.

Again, let me know what it feels like to be a judgmental ***. I'd rather sell my 40% Kennedy halves and enjoy some quality furniture, than be a whiner on the internet with a stack of coins. To me, a 1000% return on my money was worth it, and it was an opportunity to enjoy something else that will grow in value over time, that I don't have to hide from everyone.

What I was trying to get at, is that I sold my 40% at close to melt- when people were discussing how difficult it is to get a good trade or price for them. What I was TRYING to do was help others on here with a strategy to trade off some of their collection.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gilmore Happy said:
Im going to hop on my soapbox and hopefully one of the younger guys will learn somthing. 4 years ago, I left my wife and 11 month old son for 5 months from Phoenix to go roof in Altanta , GA. Walked into a Publix and spent my last .59 cents I gathered from my brothers car(I was borrowing at the time to roof) on 2 boxes of CupONoodles.

I never declared bankruptcy, and have since went from being 6 figures in debt, to 6 figures in assets in 4 years. I wake up early, stay up late, and worked my ass off to get where I am....never asked anybody for anything. Spending your last .59 cents on miserable CupONoodles will open your eyes up real fast. I had some luck making a couple of sales, and then landing a good job back in Phoenix to reunite with my family in Phoenix. I havent looked back since bc I decided that I never wanted to live like that again.

So when I hear somthing like this, yes, its strikes a nerve in me. But again, I apologize, as its not my place to say anything to anyone, as Arkie said best. But thats why I am so passioniate....0.59 cents.

Sounds like you made a bunch of :censored: decisions and got lucky to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely. Getting lucky was a direct result of extreme hard work finally paying off. If I wouldve been sitting on my ass, it wouldve never happened.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow........Gilmore you need to take a hike. That is uncalled for. Nobody asked you for your opinion so why are you being so harsh on the guy for selling a little silver. Who care if it's gonna go up. I think it will as well but if you need a new couch then hey who are you to judge? Your assuming a lot.....

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a dick. This is the first silver I've really sold from collecting, and it's only the 40%ers. I kept all my 90% and bullion. I've had a ROTH IRA I've contributed to since I was 20, have a pension plan through my work, and an investment portfolio, still only 26, but thanks for making a generalization about my ability to take care of myself.

I've paid cash for everything I can. The house was the first thing I've ever really been in debt for- pay my balance each month on all my CC's, own cars clear, etc. And even with the house, we bought way below what the bank thought they could lend us. We got a good deal on a table and a lamp for the dining room- both high quality vintage pieces, solid, with a good name behind them, which should appreciate in value as well as be appreciated, so I think I made the right choice. We could have decided to not purchase them, but realized that a month of tightening and selling off some extras would be worth it, because we could not pass the deals up and we'd regret them later. I'm not carrying any sort of balance over.

But thanks for all that. I'm sorry my rash decision of buying something I want and selling something I could do without made someone on the internet mad.

Again, let me know what it feels like to be a judgmental ***. I'd rather sell my 40% Kennedy halves and enjoy some quality furniture, than be a whiner on the internet with a stack of coins. To me, a 1000% return on my money was worth it, and it was an opportunity to enjoy something else that will grow in value over time, that I don't have to hide from everyone.

What I was trying to get at, is that I sold my 40% at close to melt- when people were discussing how difficult it is to get a good trade or price for them. What I was TRYING to do was help others on here with a strategy to trade off some of their collection.

Great deal indeed, excellent job. Sorry I invaded your thread. Cats out of the bag, but I shouldve never commented.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow........Gilmore you need to take a hike. That is uncalled for. Nobody asked you for your opinion so why are you being so harsh on the guy for selling a little silver. Who care if it's gonna go up. I think it will as well but if you need a new couch then hey who are you to judge? Your assuming a lot.....
+1 youre right....what can i say, except once youve been hungry, you know what truth is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread