Dont forget to check the "junk" dollar box! Near gem Peace found for almost melt!

Coinkid

Jul 11, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Don't forget to check the "junk" dollar box! Near gem Peace found for almost melt!

This coin might have been a 65 before it was put into the $30 bin...Those reed marks on the face look fresh. It was still well worth the price!

1923Peacecopy_zps3184eb5b.jpg

-Paul

Joe Dirt

Sep 22, 2012
Silvertown, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Sun Ray DX-1 Probe, Vintage late 70's Radio Shack junker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excuse my ignorance but what is a "junk dollar box"?

OP
OP
Coinkid

Coinkid

Jul 11, 2006
Sarasota, FL
It's a box that most dealers have where they put their silver dollars that are essentially worth melt.

-Paul

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Nice save. You were rewarded for your due diligence. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You take some fantastic photos. Good to see you posting again.

OP
OP
Coinkid

Coinkid

Jul 11, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Thanks! Yeah, I haven't been around as I've been busy with a new job. I'll try to post stuff more often!

-Paul

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I recently purchused a silver eagle from a coin dealers 'junk' box. It was so pretty except for some dents along the edge. I asked how much it was worth and the guy quoted me the silver price for the day. when I asked why it was so cheap he said because it was all dinged up. I told him that I would buy her, that the silver dollar was calling to me. I carry her now in my pocket for emergencies.

Sincerely, GarouLady

Joe Dirt

Sep 22, 2012
Silvertown, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Sun Ray DX-1 Probe, Vintage late 70's Radio Shack junker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I told him that I would buy her, that the silver dollar was calling to me. I carry her now in my pocket for emergencies.

Sincerely, GarouLady

What kind of emergency calls for a silver dollar as it's spending value is just $1 & what cost's a dollar these days? Nothing that's worth $30+ that I can think of! Now while you might get lucky & have someone who "knows" give you more than face value for it I would think an emergency $10 &/or $20 bill would do you much better in an emergency!

OP
OP
Coinkid

Coinkid

Jul 11, 2006
Sarasota, FL
What kind of emergency calls for a silver dollar as it's spending value is just $1 & what cost's a dollar these days? Nothing that's worth $30+ that I can think of! Now while you might get lucky & have someone who "knows" give you more than face value for it I would think an emergency $10 &/or $20 bill would do you much better in an emergency!

That's a piece of paper. I'd much rather have a chunk of silver or gold.

-Paul

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinkid said:
Thanks! I loved that coin, but I got an offer I couldn't refuse! Here are my full photos of it:

-Paul

Wow! Thanks for sharing. I don't know if I could part with it! I have an 1881S with nice red/yellow/green toning and I love it! It a common date but to me it's just priceless!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread