Eisenhowers

missedshed

Sep 17, 2012
pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just really started to get interested in coins after my brother got me into metal detecting and finding some old mercury dimes. So I have been looking around at flea markets and such now. Today I made my first purchase and I hope it wasn't a bad one. But I felt more comfortable purchasing bc the silver value was about the same for what I paid for. I did pay a few bucks more for 2 but I hope long run will make up for that. Also it always seemed at coin shops, even on low grade coins I would be told prices higher than melt value. I ended up buying all eisenhowers
2-1974S Proof sets Brown Ikes
4-1971S Proof sets Brown Ikes
2-1974S Uncirculated blue Ikes
2-1971S Uncirculated blue Ikes

Paid 100.00 for them. Starting a collection of coins for my two little ones.

81EB9ADE-EC9D-4E0F-9176-CF638EF62EAE-2089-00000234579B2B0E.jpg

OP
OP
M

missedshed

Sep 17, 2012
pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that's what I looked at and noticed, what I figured was it was a win win situation if the coins weren't worth a good grade to be more valuable. I have no intentions though to send them to be melted. They all are in their cases and are in great condition so should be more valuable to a collector. They are the first coins to go to my collection to be passed to my daughter and son. The gentleman at the store was really cool so I'm sure I will be back to drop more money vs the other shop that seemed more stuck up

skydog

Mar 16, 2011
there's no sense in smelting them; then you have to pay smelting fees, and offer some type of coa that they are silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions