Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Ebay is actually a pretty good option because you are mostly dealing with collectors. Collectors are willing to pay close to retail if it's a coin they want. As an example I just sold a 1934 Chinese Silver Dollar on Ebay that I got in a junk box at an estate auction. Online value I was able to find was around $40 but the winning bid when I listed it on Ebay was $72. Ebays comission is also ALOT less than the big NY auction houses. Of course those might be a better option is you have extremely rare or valuable coins that would warrant national exposure.

Last edited:

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on what you're selling as well. If it's junk silver (90% and 40% stuff with no real numismatic value), you could try Apmex or there's a well known silver dealer in Winchester, Indiana called Silvertowne.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Rigo

Sep 24, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all depends on what kind of coins. Are they raw, certified, US before 1900? Some coins are better sold at big auction houses like Heritage Auctions, where they bring better prices. If they are not of super high value, there's always eBay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions