image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
M

maru1610

Greenie
Oct 20, 2012
Mackaydon said:
Nothing to be sorry about; starting your collection at your age gives you a great head start--keep at it, you'll find it very rewarding--in many ways.
Don.........

Should I start crh

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My answer is No.
If you are starting to collect, I'd suggest you first start by collecting all denominations from the year of your birth; then frame that collection and hang it from a wall--as your first complete collection (!!)--noting the dates you found each coin.
Don........

OP
OP
M

maru1610

Greenie
Oct 20, 2012
Mackaydon said:
My answer is No.
If you are starting to collect, I'd suggest you first start by collecting all denominations from the year of your birth; then frame that collection and hang it from a wall--as your first complete collection (!!)--noting the dates you found each coin.
Don........

I am really into Morgan dollars and standing liberty half dollars ( I have a half finished album for each. )

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Soon, you may wish to choose between filling your albums just to fill them OR buying coins of the highest quality you can afford--and let your albums fill much slower but with coins of much higher quality: Read: Coins having a better chance to appreciate in value. And if you're really 11 years old, you've got a great start--keep at it !
Don.......

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maru1610 said:
Should I start crh

If you have time, definitely! I have found missing dates in my collections from CRH'ing, and a good bit of silver, which you can sell for more coins.

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, keep track of all the coins you have and how much you payed for them. This will be invaluable if you plan for your collection to be an investment. I started doing this after I had over we'll over 1,500 American coins, which are the only ones I categorize. I wish I had started when I first started collections! It would have been soo much easier to make. And I'm 14 btw. Coin collecting is a great, life long hobby!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread