BEWARE Fake "1922 No D" Lincoln Cent on Ebay! See Photo!

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
Me personally this is the only coin I lack for a complete set as far as filling up my dansco album. I am torn whether to buy or not seeing how it really is somewhat of a die variety in a sense. Me personally I would not buy one unless it was certified. It was the same way whenever we bought our 09 s vdb but with it I studied a lot of fakes to determine the one we bought was real. I don't feel like a weak D deserves it spot in our album. Whenever we decide to buy a "plain" 22 I will simply mark album "see safe" I say all this to buyers beware. I have been collecting high end lincoln cents for a while and it amazes me the amount of fakes I see.

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard that if you wrapped it in a wet baby diaper or a rag soaked in horse urine it would give it patina. I have never saw the need to try it but I have heard it several times in the past.

Sounds like something I wouldn't want to try lol

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard that if you wrapped it in a wet baby diaper or a rag soaked in horse urine it would give it patina. I have never saw the need to try it but I have heard it several times in the past.
I just want to know what's the difference between horse urine and baby urine, besides the obvious that is. :dontknow:

If I was buying coins off eBay, any high end ones would have to be graded and slabbed by one of the preferred grading services.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was buying coins off eBay, any high end ones would have to be graded and slabbed by one of the preferred grading services.

Yeah i guess thats the risk you pay buying uncertified coins! Is it worth the gamble, they say that you should be weary of any key date selling on ebay thats uncertified, im partially a firm believer in that but ya never know, gotta use your eyes and judge things for yourself!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I reported him again to ebay. He may have figured a way to get away with it though. We'll see.

edit- It sold for $250.01

Last edited:

davinci

Jan 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgive me for not knowing. I understand grades determine value. But just a ball park what would a 1922 and a 1922 d cost or be valued at?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgive me for not knowing. I understand grades determine value. But just a ball park what would a 1922 and a 1922 d cost or be valued at?
1922 no d is worth close to $1000 in VF cond., the same coin with the d is worth about 4 or 5 bucks.

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez again and it looks like his english improved lmao jk, sucks someone bought it, hopefully he gets negative score for that guys! Good find people!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread