My best toned Standing Liberty quarter to date

Joe Dirt

Sep 22, 2012
Silvertown, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Sun Ray DX-1 Probe, Vintage late 70's Radio Shack junker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got this at a local auction yesterday for $6... It's part of a very large coin collection that this auction house has been selling off at over 100 pieces per auction for over 2 months now. This 1929 Standing Liberty caught my eye for 1 because it's only the 3rd Standing Liberty quarter they have had out of this collection & 2 it was very toned, especially the face side. The toning is mostly goldish with reds & greens showing close to & around the rim. Pictures don't really do it justice but I tried to capture the effect as best as I could. Those of you who like toned coins will appreciate this one. The backside is just goldish without any other colors besides grey. I'm 100% positive this is a naturally toned coin as the collector hasn't had others that were toned anything like this one is. Had to buy it & so here it is..
DSC01436.JPG DSC01437a.jpg DSC01438.JPG

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wish I could help ya out, I'm just starting to get into toned coins and don't have much wisdom in the matter yet. Great looking coin! I bet you'll get some good responses here

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread