Finally!!!!

BenButton

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this 2009 penny error! Yeaa my first error. I've looked for one of these for so long now

ForumRunner_20121206_165708.png

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Nice find. I was fortunate to get in the early ordering from the Mint. I received Mint rolls with enders showing the DDR. I sold unopened additional box orders of the rolls on eBay for moon money before the market dropped out.

OP
OP
BenButton

BenButton

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. I was fortunate to get in the early ordering from the Mint. I received Mint rolls with enders showing the DDR. I sold unopened additional box orders of the rolls on eBay for moon money before the market dropped out.

Yea I wish I woulda known about it back then. I figure one day it'll be worth something again. Even if that's after I'm gone lol. I keep all of the unc 2009 cents I find and roll them up. Why not haha. But I'm super pumped to have found my first error. I saw it with my naked eye then checked it with this old German diamond magnifier and got so excited lol

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you have isn't an error, it's a variety. It is a doubled die. Also, it's a cent, not a penny. Still a nice find.
HH
enamel7

OP
OP
BenButton

BenButton

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you have isn't an error, it's a variety. It is a doubled die. Also, it's a cent, not a penny. Still a nice find.
HH
enamel7

Thanks Mr correcter man

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread