Please Answer!!!

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need an answer to this really quickly!! Im thinking of buying this coin on eBay. It is a fair price (shipping included). But I dont recognize the label and the plastic slab it is in. Is it genuine??? Thank you!!! Screen shot 2012-12-10 at 4.04.14 PM.png

OP
OP
D

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Allright. Thank you! That makes me fell much better! Also, would you buy this coin for $43.00? What do you people think? It has been graded VG 8 by NCG. f.png d.png

OP
OP
D

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha yah its a Christmas present. But since people dont know what to get me, they ask me what i would like/need. Oldest coin I own now!!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The company isn't a legitimate grading company. They overgrade and clean coins. Google them and save your money.
HH
enamel7

OP
OP
D

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure? I havnt found much googling them... and I already bought the coin.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure? I havnt found much googling them... and I already bought the coin.

You need to look down the hits on Google and you will see some of the negative posts. Also the 1831 is valued at about 24 dollars in that grade.

gunner45

May 12, 2012
Bedford PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Dihren said:

You paid a little more than what it's worth. If you like the coin, then it's no big deal. Just be thankful you didn't lose a lot like some of us have. Trust me nearly everyone on here has paid more at one time or another.

OP
OP
D

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And yah... i see what you mean about the dislikes.... shoot

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
It would be really easy to say something like, "If you don't know what you are talking about, don't give other people advice".
But really it should be, "Do your own research and understand your sources".

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do. It's what happens when the OP asks a question and people say things like " I would buy it " or " I've heard of that company ".
HH
enamel7

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a big deal, coins sell under or over value thousands of times every day on ebay. And the reason that coin was more is because it's graded... why someone would spend the money t do that I do not know, but I don't know a lot of things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions