OahuLife

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2012
Honolulu
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark (made in China brand)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
At work our booster club did a "Money Wars" fundraiser. The idea is to have a prize to raise the stakes among the different departments or teams in your organization. This was in anticipation for the Christmas party, with two winning teams (out of around ten teams) getting the VIP room. For a week or two, the teams can drop coins or dollar bills in containers designated for each team. Coins count for one point per cent and dollar bills count for negative points ($1=-100 points). So you want to drop coins in your team's container and bills in the other teams' containers.

It got really competitive towards the end. People were clearing out their home coin jars and getting rolls from banks to fill up their team's containers. At the end of our competition there were a whole lot of coins to count and roll. I helped out about halfway through. From the pile I helped sort I found one war nickel and eight wheat pennies. I know there were more with collector value, but we were pressed for time. I even scored the foreign coins nobody else wanted. Try it out :icon_thumleft:

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty cool idea! I've never heard of that fundraiser before. Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread