Some Lincolns

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
dejapooh said:
How are you lighting these? I am currently in the planning stage of turning an Old Borkenholder Entertainment Center into a photography box with Storage. I am tying to figure out how to do the lighting. I do Olympic Pins mostly for my small things. Similar to pins, but I find that when I get right in on them, I tend to block the light with my hands or Camera. It makes taking photo's difficult if not impossible. The hardest are the highly reflective ones. The glare off of the surface is so bad that details are nearly impossible to make out.

I am using a flexible desk lamp. Bought at Walmart $10 and a regular clear 100 watt bulb. For brown coins I put the light high. For red or bu coins I put it low. My phone is the camera very primitive setup compared to some.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those are very nice looking Lincolns. Have you stopped at CCF? That would be the Coin Community Forum. Those guys would really like to see those.

I'm working on a set of unc/bu memorials and I thought they would be a fairly easy set to complete, Boy was I wrong.

You get two thumbs up for the coins and photos.

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
davest said:
those are very nice looking Lincolns. Have you stopped at CCF? That would be the Coin Community Forum. Those guys would really like to see those.

I'm working on a set of unc/bu memorials and I thought they would be a fairly easy set to complete, Boy was I wrong.

You get two thumbs up for the coins and photos.

Couldn't agree more about being hard to complete 1959-present. I just recently completed all regular business strikes from 1959-2012 then thought I would add the proofs and SMS cents also. Completed that set now working on another. It is fun and challenging I think plus not to be a nerd I enjoy looking at them. I have learned a lot from other collectors plus reading various materials out there. I've paid to much and have paid to less. How are you trying to complete your set?

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
image-3758377728.jpg

image-2778349969.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions