Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Here's another Straits Settlement forgery; almost laughable. Note the coin legend reads 'quarter cent' (1/4) yet the numeric writing shows 3/4 cent--a non-existent denomination-from what Ive read--and corroborated by the comment made on this page in the 'Condemation' paragraph: http://www.forgerynetwork.com/asset.aspx?id=eJDPQuZ7oKE=

I agree with what another TN poster suggested in response to another replica or fake you recently posted: TN members welcome the challenge of attempting to ID (real) coins that any poster has been unable to ID; (but ID-ing a barrage of fakes from one poster gets boring , IMO).
Don....

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To the best of my understanding and a quick google search, There was in fact a 3/4 cent straits settlement coin in 1932. they are listed on ngccoin.com as well, Although he may think this coin is a fake for whatever reason,i cant speak to that because i know little to nothing about this type of coinage,I will however say that this coin is an actual coin used an has a good chance of being legit depending on where it came from/how it was obtained!! Either way,Cool Coin and thanks for sharing!!

HH John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread