Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg

The picture doesn't even show the detail. I'll explain.

Anyways, the coins are 2006, but the wrapper has 2007. This is a very minor error, but I'm a budding collector, apparently specializing in mint packing errors.

Would anyone collect this?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HaHa they say there is a collector for everything.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
View attachment 742542

The picture doesn't even show the detail. I'll explain.

Anyways, the coins are 2006, but the wrapper has 2007. This is a very minor error, but I'm a budding collector, apparently specializing in mint packing errors.

Would anyone collect this?

Well, you have. Based on the quality control at the Mint, you'll be very busy trying to collect all their packaging errors. I have a state quarter mint set that has 2 California quarters from Denver and the standard 1 from Philly. I also have a silver proof set with the certificate from the mint that describes their composition as clad.

OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replys.

I am just going to eBay the 300 face value mint rolls I found at the bank this week.

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hang on to them, don't make it public (edit your post to remove any reference to the difference)

Google it occasionally and create a 2nd and 3rd ebay account.

If you find that this isn't rare, you'll easily be able to assess the value but if in 10-20 years you have found nothing in your google searches, you indeed have a rarity and you should put one roll up for bid on ebay. If you don't have any takers, you should bid it up to some fantastic price ($500? $1000?) with your two other accounts and consider the fees an investment.

After this, wait another year or so and put another up for sale just to see what happens.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Hang on to them, don't make it public (edit your post to remove any reference to the difference)

Google it occasionally and create a 2nd and 3rd ebay account.

If you find that this isn't rare, you'll easily be able to assess the value but if in 10-20 years you have found nothing in your google searches, you indeed have a rarity and you should put one roll up for bid on ebay. If you don't have any takers, you should bid it up to some fantastic price ($500? $1000?) with your two other accounts and consider the fees an investment.

After this, wait another year or so and put another up for sale just to see what happens.

This might be the dumbest advice I have read on TNet. Not only do you describe in detail how to defraud eBay, but you are advising the OP to sit on the rolls for 10-20 years (who knows if Google/eBay/the internet as we know it will exist).

This mislabeling/wrong packaging is not a numismatic rarity. With our government in charge of quality control, it is a wonder that this doesn't happen more frequently. Like I mentioned above, I have some packaging errors and it might fetch a couple bucks over the same product just as a curiosity.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread