Greenie
Feb 5, 2013
Tacoma WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my first time posting but Ive been lurking here for awhile... I used to work as a bartender and a customer of mine would bring in coffee cans of coins to pay his bill. Before knowing much about coins I would pick out the ones I knew to be silver or older looking ones and set aside. Years later i found my stash of these coins and apparently moisture has gotten to them and corroded the silver.my question is how do i cheaply clean them as im not trying to sell them just make them distinguishable enough to add to my four year old daughter's collection. Sorry if this is a repost of a already going thread or in the wrong place. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
you are probably better off NOT cleaning them. Tarnish is a normal process and the damage caused by trying to remove it hurts the value more than the tarnish itself does.

If there is scum and crud on the coins, you can use warm soapy water and a soft cloth to wash them. Pat them dry with a soft cloth. Do not rub when washing or drying.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread