CRH Error Continued (Lots of pictures)

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had these pennies for about 20 years and just kept them as a kid since they were different, any ideas on any of them would be appreciated as i have not educated myself on pennies or some of these possible errors if they are such. Thanks! :headbang:

1) 1944 Wheat, not sure what is going on with it, maybe lamination error? Nothing going on for the reverse of the coin.
photo-13_zps67e801c5.jpg

2) Forgot Date of this wheat, nothing on the obverse to speak of but this is what reverse looks like.
photo-12_zpsaa94b221.jpg

3) 1951 D Wheat that just looks torn up, lamination? or acid?
photo-10_zps5bef25cc.jpg

photo-11_zps877b002e.jpg

4) 1952 D Wheat, offcenter strike or PMD?
photo-8_zps22e170fb.jpg

photo-9_zps075a8b54.jpg

5) 1956 D Wheat, offcenter strike or PMD?
photo-6_zps319cb055.jpg

photo-7_zpsdd3a5368.jpg

6) 1951 Wheat, offcenter strike or PMD?
photo-3_zpsf40c1468.jpg

photo-2_zps6d6bc9e4.jpg

7) 1915 S Wheat, seems to have a crack going all the way through the coin in same spot on both sides.
photo-4_zpsf83bff10.jpg

photo-5_zps18fc89ff.jpg

8) 194(clipped 9 or 0)? D Wheat, not sure what is going on with this, clipped number or grease filled or something.
194DWheatie_zps379bd2a3.jpg

9) 194? Wheat, no 4th digit /shrug
194penny_zpsa6ace9e2.jpg

OP
OP
T

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure, i put descriptions above them of any information i know. Was hoping somebody that knew a lot more about errors would know.

millerb91

Jan 20, 2013
Ok this is what I think

1.lamination
2.hard to tell
3.lamination
4.off center
5.capped die
6. off center
7.need to see side of cent
8.no clue need to do more research
9. Grease error

Hope this helps

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
T

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate the info guys on the coins, i doubt i will get a picture of the side of the coin for the cracked looking one (#7) as i would have to take it out of the holder and such and really just don't want to mess with it at the moment lol. Sometime when or if i redo my coins i will, it has been sitting in its little holder for a long time and don't want to disturb its home for now. Yeah the Lincoln Cent Resource is a nice website, learned a lot looking through it, some very helpful guys on there also. Mainly posted these pictures so Coppercrazy could see them as he requested them in the CRH area and felt this was a more appropriate place to post them.

millerb91

Jan 20, 2013
I appreciate the info guys on the coins, i doubt i will get a picture of the side of the coin for the cracked looking one (#7) as i would have to take it out of the holder and such and really just don't want to mess with it at the moment lol. Sometime when or if i redo my coins i will, it has been sitting in its little holder for a long time and don't want to disturb its home for now. Yeah the Lincoln Cent Resource is a nice website, learned a lot looking through it, some very helpful guys on there also. Mainly posted these pictures so Coppercrazy could see them as he requested them in the CRH area and felt this was a more appropriate place to post them.

Glad I could help I like to collect error cents fun hobby never know what you will find crh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread