APMEX Buy Prices - Peace Dollars and Morgans

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Given that melt value of Peace Dollars and Morgans is about $22+, I was surprised that Apmex's buy price for commone Peace and Morgan dollars starts at close to $27 for culls and is close to $30 for coins that are Good or better (actually, Peace dollars have somewhat lower pricing than Morgans). Are these good buy prices or would I do better selling elsewhere, including on ebay (after ebay and paypal fees)?

Thanks

mammoth29

Feb 22, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a Morgan man, I love the lady! As far as I am concerned you would do better selling Morgans on Ebay, even after the fees. The best places I have found are the websites where you can list coins for sale, but they are not auction sites. I sell almost all of my coins on AR15.com. They have a place to list precious metals and there are no fees involved after a sale. It's even customary on that site to add 3% to a final price if you are paying via Paypal, that way you don't get dinged by them either.

Jamesabroad

Feb 23, 2013
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My LCS sells Morgans for $30 and the owner told me if I buy ten or more he'd do $27 each. Don't know if this helps. Just though I'd let ya know.

x512x

Nov 30, 2012
I see people buying Morgans and Craigslist for 35$+ dollars for common dates

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
My LCS sells Morgans for $30 and the owner told me if I buy ten or more he'd do $27 each. Don't know if this helps. Just though I'd let ya know.

That's actually a pretty good price. I would imagine the ones he is selling at those prices are culls or close to culls.

Jamesabroad

Feb 23, 2013
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's actually a pretty good price. I would imagine the ones he is selling at those prices are culls or close to culls.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they are. There are some for that price that look pretty good though. I plan to pick some up next time I'm there. He says that when silver goes up, Morgan's tend to stay in that price range. I don't see how that could be true. ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread