Morgan Silver Dollars *pics*

durham64

Mar 20, 2013
NW Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone,

I have a good friend who bought two Morgan 1884 cc from a "reputable dealer". Upon further research, he determined they were fakes as well. He went back to the "reputable dealer" who admitted that they were "novelty collector's items" although they had been sold as true collectible coins. To make a long story short, he finally got his money back only after threatening to get the police, FBI, and every other governmental agency involved. According to these agencies, they are illegal to posses unless they are clearly marked on the coin itself as a "duplicate or copy". Just a thought if you decide to keep them, be sure to put on the flap that they are a duplicate or copy if you don't want to write on the coin.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Kenny - in the series of pic's you've posted, look at the angle the line at the bottom of the jaw makes with the flat background. There are definitely two different profiles Ms. Liberty is making.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's is awesome you took the peoples advice.

When it comes to coins - the people on the internet are usually correct.

dmaki1988

Apr 3, 2012
Gladstone MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fortunately i coin collect and metal detect, so if i have second thoughts on a coin i will run it under the coil :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread