Mint mark a bit off?

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Is it just me or is the D a bit left of the normal and also a bit tilted? Should I hang on to this one??

image-4001732190.jpg

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just found another 77d and snapped a side by side...

Thoughts???

image-2079109141.jpg

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
its worth holding onto. I see alot of crap on this site coin town, and people say they have errors, wrong mint mark locations and they are hallucinating, but as far as my eye can see, this is 100% legit;

If you want this discussion to go a little deeper, than coin town, i says its a keeper.

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
its worth holding onto. I see alot of crap on this site coin town, and people say they have errors, wrong mint mark locations and they are hallucinating, but as far as my eye can see, this is 100% legit;

If you want this discussion to go a little deeper, than coin town, i says its a keeper.

Thanks 50....In the "maybe it's worth keeping" pile it goes!!!!

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mint marks used to be individually stamped into each die, so variation in location is common. There is no added value, but keep it as a curiosity if you like.

Hellzcannibal

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2013
Sheridan, WY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've collected lincolns long time, I still have piles of similar coins. In the last decade or so, I have'nt been keeping them. But, that mint mark looks extraordinarily out of place. I keep those.
That being said, it is still only worth 2.6 cents as copper. There just is'nt a market for coins like this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread