Inherited some coins

Ivybridge

Sep 6, 2012
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to coins and I recently inherited some. Not sure if there is anything that stands out as rare to anyone if you can tell by the photos. I also would like to know how to go about cleaning these up. I also know that 1743 is a copy but where would the copy come from? Would it be silver? The other seems to be some tiny roman coin someone drilled a hole into... would that be real?

Any help appreciated. :) Thanks!

P1000280.JPG P1000287.JPG P1000288.JPG P1000289.JPG P1000290.JPG

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
You've got some good coins, it looks like you've got some Canadian silver, post a better pic of the one with Queen Victoria on it, those are old and potentially valuable. You've got a 10% silver Mexican peso in there it looks like, post a better pic of the coin with Britannia on it, it looks like an older one, but I can't really tell what it is.

The Roman coin is most likely genuine, looks like a late Roman bronze coins, commonly found in low grade and looks to be one of the constintines or one of their kids.

Looks also like you've got some silver British India coins. Post the dates/mintmarks. Also post the Edward VII coin.

The replica coin -could- be silver, but it most likely is just copper-nickel. Sometimes if it was produced for jewelry, the silver replica coins are hallmarked. Also, use a magnet on it, if its not magnetic it for sure isn't silver (but it could be non-magnetic but not silver)

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I see a lot of silver in your lot.

You can e-mail me (address sent by PM), and if you take detailed pics of each coin (using flower/macro setting, front and back), I will tell you the silver content and value of each one (I have great catalogs).

For cleaning:

Leave the coins alone. Cleaning makes the coin valueless. The ones that I see have heavy corrosion on them, are not worth too much. Many other coins have toning, which is beneficial.

Last edited:

mammoth29

Feb 22, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you also got a few Italian coins in there. The ones I can see aren't worth much, but they're cool to have!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions