100 dollar canadian coin

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The issue is that people counterfeit gold. I know this coin exists, and the strike looks professional, but the toning is identical to the thousands of aluminum-bronze I have seen.
easy enough to verify...

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find, I'm wondering how some one dropped a hundred dollars in the toilet.:dontknow:

Some places still have storm sewers and sanitary sewers tied together.

OP
OP
Fishenfool

Fishenfool

Feb 28, 2008
Salem, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, V3, BH
I weighed it and tested it with my gold tester, then took it to a coin shop where he offered me $300.00. I kept the coin for now. And 50cent shouldn't open his mouth when he don't know what he's talkin about. We are always coming across storm and sewer drains tied together.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think someone is really missing that coin right now lol.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I weighed it and tested it with my gold tester, then took it to a coin shop where he offered me $300.00. I kept the coin for now. And 50cent shouldn't open his mouth when he don't know what he's talkin about. We are always coming across storm and sewer drains tied together.

I'm glad that coin is real. The details looked absolutely real, and I have not seen a fake that good, but the color was making me suspicious. It is about 60% gold, so the other metals could have tarnished the coin.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm glad that coin is real. The details looked absolutely real, and I have not seen a fake that good, but the color was making me suspicious. It is about 60% gold, so the other metals could have tarnished the coin.

I agree, I was under the (false) impression it was pure gold to, it alluded me as well. The dents, nicks, marks, in addition to the color made me think it was fake.

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold is ALWAYS a great find!! If you do decide to sell it, don't advertise WHERE you found it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions