1983 crack + double

tttwism

Apr 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this cent while CRH, on the left side of the building, there is a die crack that makes it look like an extra pillar that is leaning, also, look at the right side of the building, double or triple die... the cent on the right is the exact same year, both have no mint mark. The cent on the right has lots of warts or something, but comparatively the coin on the left has HUGE errors.

trying to upload pics, but it says undefined on only these 2 pics...

OP
OP
tttwism

tttwism

Apr 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1983 crack.jpg 1983 lumps.jpg

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think there is anything dramatic enough to be worth anything. Keep it if you like....maybe in 50 years it will have some value.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
You musta been on crack when you made this thread cause I dont see significant evidence for the experienced eye (even if it WAS a true 83' crack) to differentiate between mint damage and PMD. I dont even see the crack you are talking about.

OP
OP
tttwism

tttwism

Apr 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry 50cent, I am new to this whole thing, but really, why undermine someone that is trying? If you continue to bash me, there will be problems. As for the crack, there is extra material between the second and third pillar, and the third and fourth pillar. If a build up of this magnitude is not a crack in the die, I dont know what it is, or what else would be. Again, if anyone can give me good information on it I would be gratfull. Thanks

OP
OP
tttwism

tttwism

Apr 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was kinda funny 50, but because I am new here, I don't know who is serious and who isn't. Thanks for the info, but now I have another question pertaining to this coin, I have 2 others, almost just like it, but when you look at all 3 together, it looks like they are consecutive, as one is a weak line, the other is more pronounced, and then this one. with all 3 together from the same mint and year, is it common? or could i get something for them on ebay?

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was kinda funny 50, but because I am new here, I don't know who is serious and who isn't. Thanks for the info, but now I have another question pertaining to this coin, I have 2 others, almost just like it, but when you look at all 3 together, it looks like they are consecutive, as one is a weak line, the other is more pronounced, and then this one. with all 3 together from the same mint and year, is it common? or could i get something for them on ebay?

Probably not....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread