Is this an error coin?

jvaughan

Tenderfoot
May 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys! Extremely amateur hunter here. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Jessica. I have inherited my grandfather's stash of coins, and I have decided to further organize them and extend the collection.

Anyway, at a recent yard sale, a coin collector was selling some of his collection duplicates. He sold me a lot of foreign coins from the early 1900's for dirt cheap. I paid $5 for a lot of about 10 nice coins.

This penny caught my eye, and he threw it in for me. It looked melted to me, but he said he thought it was something like a struck through the die cap error. Any ideas? I'm convinced it's not an error coin, but I'd love to be wrong! :tongue3:

Attachments

• penny.jpg
    penny.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 79
  • penny 2.jpg
    penny 2.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 89
OP
OP
J

jvaughan

Tenderfoot
May 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh that would be it. I searched a few more pics of those. Sad day.

I have yet to come across an error coin. :BangHead:

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Jessica. Just wanted to say its great that your grandfathers coins went to someone who can appreciate and enjoy them.

OP
OP
J

jvaughan

Tenderfoot
May 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jessica. Just wanted to say its great that your grandfathers coins went to someone who can appreciate and enjoy them.

Thank you! I do enjoy them a lot. He was a great treasure hunter, and I hope to fill his shoes someday by displaying and expanding his enormous collections. :)

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Can you post the pictures of the foreign coins from the yard sale?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread