jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish they would give it up, I still plan on Refusing $1.00 coins from stores & Banks,
and requesting quarters or $2.00 bills

A bipartisan group of Senators has re-introduced a bill which seeks to improve the circulation of $1 coins and remove barriers to their use, which would eventually set the stage for the $1 coin to replace the $1 Federal Reserve Note as the only $1 monetary unit issued and circulated by the Federal Reserve System.

at the same time

The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System would be required to sequester all Susan B. Anthony Dollars, which were highly unpopular with the public due to the potential for confusion with the quarter dollar denomination. The sequestered coins would not be returned to circulation, but may be released at face value in bulk quantities to dealers in collectible coins and countries that have adopted the United States Dollar as their base unit of exchange. After one year, the coins would be declared obsolete although they would remain legal tender.

Re-Introduced COINS Act Seeks to Replace $1 Bills With $1 Coins | Coin Update

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? I welcome the change. I would like to see $1 and $2 coins and get rid of the one cent coin. It would make metal detecting a whole lot better!

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish they would give it up, I still plan on Refusing $1.00 coins from stores & Banks,
and requesting quarters or $2.00 bills

A bipartisan group of Senators has re-introduced a bill which seeks to improve the circulation of $1 coins and remove barriers to their use, which would eventually set the stage for the $1 coin to replace the $1 Federal Reserve Note as the only $1 monetary unit issued and circulated by the Federal Reserve System.

at the same time

The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System would be required to sequester all Susan B. Anthony Dollars, which were highly unpopular with the public due to the potential for confusion with the quarter dollar denomination. The sequestered coins would not be returned to circulation, but may be released at face value in bulk quantities to dealers in collectible coins and countries that have adopted the United States Dollar as their base unit of exchange. After one year, the coins would be declared obsolete although they would remain legal tender.

Re-Introduced COINS Act Seeks to Replace $1 Bills With $1 Coins | Coin Update

I would much rather use dolla coins than carry those lousy singles all the time. I hope this gets adopted. It would save money and is overall a smart move for America. Dolla coins also look neat... Well some of them.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think every single one of them look ugly.

Last Dollar coin I thought looked good was the Trade dollar
& they were too big & Bulky

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I think every single one of them look ugly.

Last Dollar coin I thought looked good was the Trade dollar
& they were too big & Bulky

I was talkin' 'bout the gold dollar coins which some of the Indian designs are cool. The sba dollar is an abomination in obamas nation. As far as large dollar coins goes, I like Ike, peace, and Morgan designs. It's not bulky at all, carrying those would have been like carrying 50 dollar bills back then you wouldn't have to carry more than one or two so I don't think it's bulky at all.

rickv14623

Dec 24, 2012
upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We used the SBA when I was in the service in Germany 1980-83 and we had no trouble using them. The whole there are too confusing thing is a myth. Took about a week and you could tell by feel what you had. There are millions of $ coins warehoused right now, get them out into use.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was talkin' 'bout the gold dollar coins which some of the Indian designs are cool. The sba dollar is an abomination in obamas nation. As far as large dollar coins goes, I like Ike, peace, and Morgan designs. It's not bulky at all, carrying those would have been like carrying 50 dollar bills back then you wouldn't have to carry more than one or two so I don't think it's bulky at all.

I think the Sac is ugly too, as are all the presidential dollars.
do you really wanna see a bush or obama dollar :( or worse insanity reigns & both clintons :( you think the SBA is ugly ? imagine helory :(

putting her on a coin is visual terrorism

Last edited:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
It is obvious that we get ride of the cent and the dollar bill. It should have been done long ago.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We used the SBA when I was in the service in Germany 1980-83 and we had no trouble using them. The whole there are too confusing thing is a myth. Took about a week and you could tell by feel what you had. There are millions of $ coins warehoused right now, get them out into use.

Apparently you never got home to realize you tossed several $1 SBAs to a cashier instead of quarters. Especially since they were the same size and color as the quarter. They WERE confusing to many people.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Jason. Apparently you have never personally had a susan B anthony dollar and compared it to a quarter because they aren't even the same thickness let alone the same diamater.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the Sac is ugly too, as are all the presidential dollars.
do you really wanna see a bush or obama dollar :( or worse insanity reigns & both clintons :( you think the SBA is ugly ? imagine helory :(

putting her on a coin is visual terrorism

Dawg lets be honest, all the presidents are ugly, lets just get that out there. I think we should go back to using liberty designs, those were the best.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is obvious that we get ride of the cent and the dollar bill. It should have been done long ago.

I think only the cent needs to go. It would really suck being a waiter/waitress having to deal with 50-100 dollar coins everyday.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Dollar coins = The best coins. I use them instead of bills. So many fuddely duddlies, jus, pulling out twenties, holding me up in line, and getting change back as dollar bills. it takes time to pull a bill out of a wallet. you want to know somethin? well, if you think that takes time, imagine someone pulling a purse out, of another purse and in that purse that was pulled out is a supa big wallet, and that wallet is not easy to take the cash out and by the time it is, all said and done, 2 minutes have past.

The above is the reason why dollar coins are better than dollar bills. imagine me, going in and getting some coffee or picking up say some snacks, the total comes to $4, I just pull the coins right out of my pocket, quick glance, and bam, I'm done. less than 5 seconds. I usually wait for my change, just to see what I get, but if I didn't care bout coins, I'd just let them have it for super-quick time. dawgs, its quicker than having a credit/debit card ready.

Not only that COINS last alot longa than bills.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oz has $1 coins and $2 coins, no pennies, 5 cent piece, 10 cent piece, 20 cent piece, 50 cent piece. I was always taking forever in lines, making sure my change was right! All those coins were a pain to me, but I can see how it can work. Yeah made a lot md-ing Oz beaches with all them $2 coins I was finding! LOL!

I like bills for spending. I like coins for collecting,(the right kinda coins). The rest,
I shed as soon as I can, and call it my instant weight loss program. :laughing7:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dawg lets be honest, all the presidents are ugly, lets just get that out there. I think we should go back to using liberty designs, those were the best.

Yep, our coins have been UGLY for quite a while. Dump the presidents, go back to traditional designs of Liberty.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who cares if they're ugly or not. They look just fine in the bottom of my scoop! They can downsize all coins if they want to. It will make them easier to lose. Since none of them have any precious metals in them anymore, why do they need to be big? I'd love to be back on the gold/silver standard but you know that isn't going to happen. Our current coins would end up being the size of a grain of sand!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go back to the early coin designs like the liberty and make dollar coins a 1/4 inch larger than quarter and a different color maybe gold color......

Get rid of pennies completely...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the idea of $1 coins instead $1 paper. But then, I never met a dollar I didn't like:)

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd rather they get rid of $20.00 bills & make