Odd quarter help

Tomfromnj

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I know there are a lot of errors with this colorado coin but I can find little info on it. I posted this in crh as well. Drop test don't sound like silver or clad. Looks like silver but is a Denver mint. I'm a noob with weighing coins but here is what I got. My clad quarter weighs 0.005kg. My silver one weighs 0.007. And this odd thing 0.006. So any help would be great.

OP
OP
T

Tomfromnj

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just seen it so if your sure its plated and I cut it in half and there is no clad inside what is the value of this coin cut in half

OP
OP
T

Tomfromnj

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cause if weight says clad and I open it up to be sure and nothing is in there would it still be rare in two pieces.

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you even have a digital scale because your numbers are nowhere near exact? If your coin were silver it would weigh exactly 6.25 grams and since your saying the coin in question weighs in between your clad and silver quarters, logic tells us it must be a clad quarter with a thin coating of some material. Until you confirm that your coin weighs 6.25 grams it is just another plated quarter unfortunately........

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can see the sandwich clearly in the first pic. It is clearly a clad quarter with some sort of coating.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you even have a digital scale because your numbers are nowhere near exact? If your coin were silver it would weigh exactly 6.25 grams and since your saying the coin in question weighs in between your clad and silver quarters, logic tells us it must be a clad quarter with a thin coating of some material. Until you confirm that your coin weighs 6.25 grams it is just another plated quarter unfortunately........

I think the OPs scale rounds to the nearest gram.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Cause if weight says clad and I open it up to be sure and nothing is in there would it still be rare in two pieces.

It is clad for sure, but a cut in half coin would have no numismatic value, and possibly the face value is gone too (unless you glue the two halves together.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread