2012 Jefferson nickel rotated rev

tttwism

Apr 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found two, 2012 jefferson nickles that have about 55 degrees of rotation. I took them to a local coin shop, and he has never seen newer nickels that have this much rotation on them. I want to know how to get it appraised, or sold for that matter. The guy at the coin shop told me to contact the authors of the cherry pickers guide, Bill Fivaz and J.T Stauton, but I cant seem to locate them. If anyone has any insight that would be very helpful. Thanks

Cochisz

Tenderfoot
Oct 30, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tttwism, I found an error in the cherry packers guide,the error was with the Susan B Anthoney dollars.
The only contact I could find was [email protected] . She handled everything I needed
Might give her a try.......

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found two, 2012 jefferson nickles that have about 55 degrees of rotation. I took them to a local coin shop, and he has never seen newer nickels that have this much rotation on them. I want to know how to get it appraised, or sold for that matter. The guy at the coin shop told me to contact the authors of the cherry pickers guide, Bill Fivaz and J.T Stauton, but I cant seem to locate them. If anyone has any insight that would be very helpful. Thanks

That is very cool but I must say i have seen others for sale with up to 90% rotation, the good news though they sold strong.

OP
OP
tttwism

tttwism

Apr 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havent been able to find any that are newer than 2005. and even those were not proven to be rotated. From what I have gathered is that the newer the coin, the less likely the rotation due to technology and quality control.

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havent been able to find any that are newer than 2005. and even those were not proven to be rotated. From what I have gathered is that the newer the coin, the less likely the rotation due to technology and quality control.

Certainly the modern minting process and quality control have limited some errors but the coin dies are still put into the press by hand. As long as this process is being done by humans you're gonna have rotated die errors, its no less rarer in 2013 as it was in 2012.

OP
OP
tttwism

tttwism

Apr 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no, but more rare than in the buffalo years. That is all I see anywhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread