Probably a little because coins normally carry a premium-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
I

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
I agree with ya there! Along with numestic value. All the jewelry is from yard sales though, so I don't have a lot in it. Ps, I like the quote under your typing

Henry2

May 27, 2011
If you have some nicer pieces try retailing them off first instead of just scrapping them. I have always made out far better on auction sites then cash for gold shops even after the fees.

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on the kinds of coins you will be trying to buy there is little to no premium on some gold coins while others will run 10k plus.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Be a bad idea to sell off 14 K jewelry mostly scrap to buy gold coins? I really really like the pre 33 gold coins. I have a couple of the coins now. Would rather have more over the jewelry. But Would I lose money by swapping them?

Kind of an impossible question to answer.

I would say scrap your gold when you can get the highest % for it. Use the money for whatever purpose best suits you. If you like gold coins, then by all means, it wouldnt be a bad investment.

Herb Boyd

Apr 8, 2013
Naples Florida
Detector(s) used
4 different
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For investment,Gold Coins are the best...no questions about assay,weight,market: That's why gold coins evolved, they are the original money...

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Great idea! But you got to work all three ends of the deal... You buying scrap low, you selling scrap high, you buying coin at best deal you can find... Miss on any one and you'll get burned... Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread