buying coins in bulk

kaiser613

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alright ive got a question, if I was buying flying eagle cents in bulk, say 4,000 to 5,000 of them, what would I expect to pay per piece, im talking like if I bought a sack of them from a hoard or similar source. im thinking somewhere around 5-10 dollars a piece at that volume, at this point its mainly hypothetical but if I get a loan :dontknow: , also I cant find any info on this buy what would I expect to pay per piece for large cents at a volume of 8,000 to 10,000 pieces? I could easily find this info for wheats and Indians but couldn't find sh#t on eagles or large cents though

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could easily find this info for wheats and Indians but couldn't find sh#t on eagles or large cents though

Mainly because their arent that many around- no way youd get them for $5-10 a piece even in that quantity unless they were basically culls-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
kaiser613

kaiser613

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think that would be a reasonable price for that quantity i can find them all day long off ebay in g-f condition for 10-12 each but in a quantity of only 3-6 at a time, i would by no means call a g-f flying eagle a "cull"

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem is they were only minted 2 years- so finding lots of even more than 100 I doubt will ever happen- thats why they are $10+ for a worn g condition one-

On another note- I bought 2 a while back and I wanted to make sure they had feathers and nicer details and paid $22/$28 for them which isnt too bad for the condition they are in

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
kaiser613

kaiser613

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for your info on the eagles, im just frustrated because I cant find any info on bulk purchases, apmex did sell flying eagle culls but they are out of stock so I cant access their pricing info. do you know of anyplace that flying eagle or even large cents could be purchased in bulk?

moff347

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
You will see lots of 40 to 120 large cents on ebay every once in a while. I know there was a lot of 80 on there a few days ago. But i have never seen a bulk lot of flying eagles.

OP
OP
kaiser613

kaiser613

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah I saw a lot of 40 large cents on there the other day, I saw a couple lots of 3-5 for eagles but that's it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread