Did my good deed of the day!

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's was a bunch of yard sales around my joust today, soni ride my bike and asked if their wee any coins for sale. Well one lady said she had a box full. I was awestruck maybes 100 walkers and franklins morgans and everything. She said it was her fathers who passed away. And that she was just going to throw it on eBay. For 500$ which is way less than it was worth. Told her of a decent LCs and talked about around how much she'd get offered for certain ones. Well I left her my number and she said I'd be the first one shed call. Probably made her feel a little wierd getting a coin lesson from a 15 year old though.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You didnt buy any?

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
crhgymnast1

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to but she said she was going to take it to a shop first but I left my number.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If she is going to a shop, I'll bet she's likely to get ripped. There are some good shops, but not many that do the right thing with an old lady. Hope she calls you back!

Yep my thought Exactly- the ones in my area ive seen deal real shaddy if you dont know just a bit they say thing like "oh thats not relly worth that much- or its pretty worn I could only get xxx amount so i can only give you xxx amount" and so on- hopefully she calls you but next time suggest youll pay her righ there which you know is a fair price- or tell her to just get a quote from the dealer and then call you and toull see if you can beat his price

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
crhgymnast1

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya after I got home I thought about it and thought i should've done something...... Oh well. Thanks for the future advice though

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread