Current dimes question ????

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a CHR, mostly into domes. I date check each box, and have been saving the high glossy AU-BU current dimes of 2010-2013 P&D's. I save ALL 2009's because of low mintages and maybe become semi-keys 25- years from now given to my many grandchildren. My question is: should I continue to find & keep the AU-Bu 2010-2013's? Or is it a waste of tied up funds?

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a CHR, mostly into domes. I date check each box, and have been saving the high glossy AU-BU current dimes of 2010-2013 P&D's. I save ALL 2009's because of low mintages and maybe become semi-keys 25- years from now given to my many grandchildren. My question is: should I continue to find & keep the AU-Bu 2010-2013's? Or is it a waste of tied up funds?

IMHO, it is a waste of tied up funds! Now if you happen to find any in MS-69 or MS-70 condition, they would be worth keeping.

Frank

Stripeythecrab

Apr 4, 2013
WI, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You would probably only need to save a few. Maybe fill up a single roll then keep that. The mintages are so high nowadays that they will likely never become scarce, even in high grades.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would probably only need to save a few. Maybe fill up a single roll then keep that. The mintages are so high nowadays that they will likely never become scarce, even in high grades.

Yea, Dimes arent very desirable...I actually got a box once that were solid uncirculated 2011's...I kept 2 rolls and ditched the rest....thou i did sell one on ebay for 2 bucks...but after fee's and postage, i had a whopping 50 cent profit..not worth it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread