Nice looking coin

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

TypeCoin971793

Oct 7, 2013
Here or There or Anywhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would grade that as an AU-50 net VF-30/EF-40 because the reverse has been cleaned. If you want to see for yourself, look at the coin under a good light and rotate it. If you see a whole bunch of fine scratches, it has been cleaned.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree. I don't think it has been cleaned. The reverse looks like it would grade better than the obverse. I'd give it AU55 on the reverse and XF40 on the obverse. The scratches above the wing on the reverse and the ones on the cheek in the obverse might downgrade the value a bit but not full grade. As a whole coin, it would probably average out to an XF45.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe that the condition of the Obverse vs the Reverse is that the coin was mounted in a sealed back Bezel and worn. The Obverse received wear from being worn and handled but the Reverse was totally protected from wear. Due to the amount of wear on the Obverse and it's appearance, the Bezel containing the coin was probably attached to a Pocket Watch Fob. Overall it is a nice coin but because of the road rash on Miss Liberty's jawbone and neck, the wear and nicks as well, the nicks on the denticles at K3:15 and K8:00 as well as the mottled toning, it lacks eye appeal for a higher grade and thus I would only Net grade it as EF-40!!!!

Frank

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions