image-430337730.jpg

OP
OP
crhgymnast1

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh it's a quarter btw! Well I ended up only paying $3 for it so I'm pretty stoked

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reverse side pic please.

If you want to see a reverse just to see if I'm right that it's a dime, I can just point out that quarters has 13 stars around the rim and says "in god we trust". Dimes say "United States of America" and no stars.

I don't know what happened here, but I have the urge to clean my shoes.

ToastedWheatie

Jun 30, 2013
Hudson Valley, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Infinium
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"Spot "value of a coin is the silver scrap value. The 'spot' value of that dime today is $1.57. I'm not sure what we're talking about here.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you want to see a reverse just to see if I'm right that it's a dime, I can just point out that quarters has 13 stars around the rim and says "in god we trust". Dimes say "United States of America" and no stars.

I don't know what happened here, but I have the urge to clean my shoes.

Well yes that's why I said that. Barber coins aren't something I'm super familiar with but I assumed you made the statement based on something you could deduce from the obverse. But why say you got a quarter and throw up a pic of a dime. That's why I asked. Not questioning your knowledge. No need to clean shoes. Lol

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh it's a quarter btw! Well I ended up only paying $3 for it so I'm pretty stoked

Trying very hard to not sound snarky - but what made you believe it was a quarter? Barber dimes and quarters are the same size as modern dimes and quarters and I believe that is the same for all dimes 1837 and up and all quarters as far back as 1796. That coupled with the fact that it says "one dime" or "one quarter dollar" on the reverse - kinda hard to mistake one for the other.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crickets chirpin

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The reverse clearly states "quarter dollar", like 1/4th of a dollar is $.25 cents. The dime reverse says "one-dime", as $.10 cents. No doubt about the nice find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread