Washington Quarters Doubled MM and Machine Doubling?

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
In addition to these 3 coins having a doubled/repunched MM, is there machine doubling on any of them? I think I can faintly see some, but wanted a second opinion
quarter1.jpg
quarter2.jpg
quarter-.jpg
quarter+.jpg
quartera.jpg
quarterb.jpg

Also, does this one have OBV machine doubling?
asds.jpg

As always, help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those aren't rpms. They all show signs of machine doubling. Probably why you see it on the rest of the design also. Sorry, but no added value.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Those aren't rpms. They all show signs of machine doubling. Probably why you see it on the rest of the design also. Sorry, but no added value.

I agree! I have seen hundreds of 1964-D Washington Quarters with Machine Doubled Mint Marks and some with MD in other areas. It appears that the Denver Mint was fraught with problems with the presses during that year!

Frank

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree! I have seen hundreds of 1964-D Washington Quarters with Machine Doubled Mint Marks and some with MD in other areas. It appears that the Denver Mint was fraught with problems with the presses during that year!

Frank
Yup, they made so many that year they had lots of old worn out dies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread