Craigslist Flagging

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I had always heard great things about Craigslist, so I finally decided to give it a try as a buyer.

I wanted to find a secondhand 6/8/10 foot stretch of nice, simple and sturdy kitchen cabinetry (no sink cutouts) to use in one of my shops... I was told that they are a common posting in the "free" or "materials" sections of Craigslist.

That was two years ago! Still no luck!

A lot of the asking prices seemed to show i'd be better off buying it brand new during a sale at Lowes, Home Depot, etc!
The high prices for used cabinets is because of house "flippers". Guys who buy foreclosures cheap, remodel them, and put them back on the market. They are grabbing all the cheap used stuff if it's better than what they have. Usually what those guys throw away is absolutely total junk and was removed with a sledge hammer. Have you considered placing a wanted ad ? Free might be tough but you may score some cheap. Recently I was looking for a 50s vintage fridge for my garage. I have a 50s theme going on out there but didn't want to spend alot. Found several in the $500-$1000 range over a period of a few months and nothing reasonable so I put an ad of my own in the wanted section. The very next day I had a guy email me that he had one in his garage and was moving. Still plugged in and working fine. Told me a case of Bud & a crisp $50 bill would own it.

Last edited:

Greysquirrel

Greenie
Oct 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea....we have a running joke at my work...its funny to go to teh "Wanted" sections....and type in "Single Mom".....there are TONS of So called Single moms begging for handouts.....ive seen some asking for not only cars..but washer , Dryers, beds for thier kids...clothes ..tvs....all in ONE Post

Craiglist is pretty much just comedy for me anymore....I do come accross a few goodies here and there.....But I just love seeing people asking for Inspection Stickers...UH..Im pretty sure THATS NOT LEGAL

A local man was murdered after he answered an ad by a single mother with a son for assistance, this guy went and picked them up and took them to his house where the proceeded to murder him and steal a gun, credit cards and his truck. Apparently it was the son that shot him but there has been no information on why he did it. Police are not saying much right now except they found a receipt from a local motel that led them to the two of them. Our local paper has an area on there website that is available for people to ask for help and I don't know how safe that is but there are stories of some locals helping out people on that site with no problems.
Maybe I should post an ad saying Old Fart needs metal detector and see what happens, just kidding so don't flame me guys.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A local man was murdered after he answered an ad by a single mother with a son for assistance, this guy went and picked them up and took them to his house where the proceeded to murder him and steal a gun, credit cards and his truck. Apparently it was the son that shot him but there has been no information on why he did it. Police are not saying much right now except they found a receipt from a local motel that led them to the two of them. Our local paper has an area on there website that is available for people to ask for help and I don't know how safe that is but there are stories of some locals helping out people on that site with no problems.
Maybe I should post an ad saying Old Fart needs metal detector and see what happens, just kidding so don't flame me guys.

As Bad as it sounds...that is EXACLTY why I would never "Help" someone on CL....First off, the people I surrround myself around would never be the type to ask for help and thats how I like it. Of course I would help anyone out in a heartbeat if i knew they truley needed it.

The problem with CL is it attracts the Piece of SHIII Trash out there in the world.

Hell, Ive even bought someone from a woman and I had to meet her. When i got there, she was a cute very petite girl, and all i could think was. "Does your Hubby Know you are doing this" I felt bad for her, because I could have been anybody

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread