Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a 1909-2021 dansco albulm from my LCs for 37 you might be able to one online for 30 ish. But I you use the whit mans it would require 4 folders about 2-4 dollars apiece depending where you go

DCRJerry

Greenie
Nov 30, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ProPointer
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Dansco albums for all of my coins and highly recommend then over folders. Check out valley coin's website they have very good prices and flat rate shipping.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
All of my coins are in Dansco albums. I recently inherited a collection from my mom as well that she started 50 years ago and those were all in Whitman folders. Alot of the coins had corrosion on the backsides when I removed them but to be fair they had beem in those folders for a long time. Just my opinion but Whitman folders may make more sense for a kids collection of common coins though. It makes no sense to keep $10 worth of cents in a $30 album. For more valuable coins spend the extra money on good quality albums.

moff347

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Go to antique stores and find used albums. I have purchased several Dansco albums from $10-$15 dollars a piece. The albums sometimes have a name in the cover and a scratch or two, but just take a white label and place it over the name, replace it with yours, and its as good as new.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Go to antique stores and find used albums. I have purchased several Dansco albums from $10-$15 dollars a piece. The albums sometimes have a name in the cover and a scratch or two, but just take a white label and place it over the name, replace it with yours, and its as good as new.
Small local coin shops often have them used as well. They buy collections all the time and break them back down into individual coins to resell. I have bought several nice used Dansco albums for $10 each.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whitman made some "see-throughs" also. I'd use the nice albums for the good quality coins and the push-in folders for lesser quality stuff. Whichever you use, I recommend gloves when inserting the coins to avoid fingerprints transferring to the coins and allowing corrosion to start. I rinse a coin in acetone or alcohol to remove anything on the coin and then use Coin Care on the copper pieces before inserting them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread